This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
bought a new router and cant connect to the internet anymore!?
06-03-2014, 05:55 PM
bought a new router and cant connect to the internet anymore!?
So I had an old linksys which worked good while I was using it. But I decided to buy a newer and better router which is an asus ac68r router and all of a sudden I cant connect to the internet now. I did that 192.168.1.1 setup and it won't detect my internet connection for some reason. I restarted, rebooted did all that stuff and same results.. I did a troubleshoot and it says that the ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration.. please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 06:10 PM

If you are connected to an ISP modem, power that off for about 30 seconds and restart it, then power cycle the router again. This will clear the ISP modem of any information pertaining to the old router.

Ads

06-03-2014, 06:23 PM

your internet provider should do the configuration.. they should provide you a valid IP only then you can connect.. call them they will tell you how to configure it
06-03-2014, 06:27 PM

If you are using a cable modem you have to power it off for 15-30 seconds and when it boots back up your router will then detect your internet. You usually have to do this anytime you make a hard wire change such as swapping out a router. Once your modem lights are back on, you may need to wait an additional minute before your computer can actually connect to the internet.