This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to sell my children's clothing?
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
What is the best way to sell my children's clothing?
I have always given away my children's clothes once they outgrow them, but I recently have instead been trying to sell them and haven't had much luck. I know you can't get a lot for used clothing, but everything my kids have is name-brand really nice ext.

I have tried selling numerous lots on ebay and have made very little money or even lost money due to all the fees ext. I'm starting to get really frustrated with Ebay and unless someone has suggestions on how to make an actually profit, I don't really want to do ebay anymore.

I see other people selling similar things on ebay and making ten times as much as me, what am I doing wrong? I post a ton of pictures start the bidding low ext ext...

I tried craigslist but I live in a rural area and there is not even a thing for my town - there is only a craigslist for my whole entire state! This didn't work.

A friend invited me to a local moms swap group on facebook and I sold a few things on there, but went to meet people with other things and they never showed up and after getting stood up a few times I decided this wasn't worth my running around, I was already selling stuff dirt cheap.

I have tried bring things to a local resale/thrift shop - I tried a couple in the area that take children's clothing, and one store for example - I brought them some stuff that had cost probably $200 new, but obviously used it is worth maybe half that, well I made $12. I would rather have given it to someone who needed it then give it to a store for $12, who knows what they made off it! I didn't have much luck with the other stores I tried either. I guess two people trying to make a profit just doesn't work.

I had a tag sale once and sold a few of my things, pretty much gave them away, and I figure if I'm going to be pretty much giving stuff away maybe I should just give it away, but we could really use some extra money right now and I just spent so much on some of this stuff!!!

If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Have you tried Instagram? It is a free way to advertise your clothes.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply