This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to share two internet connections to different users in one server?
06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
How to share two internet connections to different users in one server?
I have two internet connections & one server. I want to share one internet connection to few and another to remaining people who are in domain. I do not know how to do it Please help me

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM

You can get a router with dual wan ports such as RV042, and set up load balancing to utilize the two internet connections you have quite easily.

Ads

06-03-2014, 08:57 PM

Set up a free Linux firewall, that will do load balancing or proper NAT. You can control which machines get to which ISP, yet have all the local networking shared if you want. It takes some time and know-how, but it does work. Check the link for free firewall software. You would need a PC with 3 network cards 2 for the ISPs, and one for the LAN...
Some of the free stuff will not do the sharing, but most of the higher end stuff will. Check Endian, Clarkconnect and Astaro. Maybe Vyatta as well....
06-03-2014, 09:11 PM

This is a neat idea and something I've thought about doing myself.

Indeed there are appliances with dual WAN ports that can do the trick. You can also build your own Linux server with three ethernet ports: One for each of the internet connections and one inward-facing for the LAN.

In addition to Clarkconnect, et. al. I know Ubuntu can do it. It might be overkill for what you're trying to do but it's fun to learn and use.

Check out http://www.inovagent.com for more on Ubuntu servers.