This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I buy an iPhone 5s?
06-03-2014, 10:32 PM
How should I buy an iPhone 5s?
I don't want to deal with contracts, so I was looking into buying an iPhone 5s through Straight Talk. I currently have a Straight Talk phone & I love it, but I need an update. Should I go through Straight Talk or buy an unlocked iPhone 5s & SIM card? If I get an unlocked iPhone 5s & SIM card, should I go through AT&T or T-Mobile?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 10:44 PM

iPhones don't have sim cards. They are sealed and cannot be opened. If you have the cash to buy a 5s at full price for $650 plus then you can go to any carrier and just buy the phone there and pick the best plan for you. Sounds like Tmobile might work best for you. Best of luck.

Ads

06-03-2014, 10:59 PM

If you buy the iPhone unlocked, do it through T-Mobile. They have the cheapest service and they offer truly unlimited data for $50 a month (and since you're on a prepaid plan it's exactly that with no taxes!). The service can be a little spotty, but that's true of most mobile services when you don't live in the city or near its core...at any rate, if you choose Straight Talk know that while it only costs $45 a month there is slower internet and data caps. Coming from a dumb phone Straight talk should be fine, but if you're going to be on your Twitter, Netflix, Instagram, and other services (which is bound to happen if you own a smartphone) just know your phone is going to eat up the 100mb they give you per day.

EDIT: I have no idea what Hugo is saying, iPhones have sim cards. They're on the left side near the bottom of the phone on the bezel. It takes a little wedging of the finger, but you can pop it open.
06-03-2014, 11:04 PM

iPhones do have sim cards and their is a sim slot in the side and you can access. I don't recommend that though going through Straight Talk. Pay the $200 minimally for it through a provider and just get a contract. In the end it'll save and avoid stress and get a quality service. Basically every smartphone off contract costs minimally $450 and the iPhone at least $600. Worst case scenario pay for services where you can upgrade your phone early if you really don't think you'll want it that long. Plus the iPhone has a different sim card than most other smartphones have anymore.