This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to share Laptop internet connection with mobile?
06-03-2014, 11:25 PM
How to share Laptop internet connection with mobile?
So basically I'm waiting on internet being installed in my new place, got a dongle for just now and need to share the internet connection with my Android phone (Galaxy S3 mini) is there any way this is possible? How would I go about doing this, could somebody perhaps give me a step by step guide or point me in the right direction? The more detail the better, thanks!
I'm running windows 8.1

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 11:31 PM

What you need to do is set up a new ad-hoc network - Win 7: Wireless > Network and Sharing Centre > Set up a new connection or network > Ad-Hoc and follow the steps then go into its properties and enable internet connection sharing.

Ads

06-03-2014, 11:38 PM

You had not said which OS is you are using so I'll tell you how to do it on win 7.

open network and sharing center
then change adapter settings
right click the connection the dongle is using and select properties
click the sharing tab and select 'allow other users to use this computers internet connection'

This computer will now work as a gateway to other devices connected to your network.

you could also enable 3g on your phone, then use it's connection. Android phones are able to create hotspots. setting-> mobile networks -> hotspot - the phone will then generate a wifi hotspot and allow devices to use it's 3g connection (just like a mini router).