This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Explorer working fine but Google Chrome is not?
06-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Internet Explorer working fine but Google Chrome is not?
Hi. I have a PC and a Till connected at my shop. Whenever the till is offline Google Chrome works perfectly fine for me but when I turn the till on it Chrome stops working. Internet explorer works perfectly fine regardless. The IP address of the till is 192.168.2.200 and the PC is 192.168.1.200, is there anything I am doing wrong?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 02:46 AM

When you use a network addressing, you should always use the same routing.
Example: 192.168.1.100 Computer
192.168.1.200 Till
The only routing prefix that should change are the last 3 digits marked as XXX, Example 192.168.1.XXX
Try to keep them in the same routing prefix, never on different prefix.
Using the last 3 prefix makes the device PART of that NETWORK, when you change it, You're telling it to look for .2 prefix, Which BECOMES another NETWORK.
When you use a different prefix like you're doing, the system is trying to look up something on a different network, which it won't allow, not unless you change your ip address on the router, or modem.
Always keep the prefix the same such as above, when you changed the 1 for a 2 on the Till, you are creating conflicts on the network.
Change the settings of your Till software to 192.168.1.200, and then change it on the device itself if the software doesn't do it to the hardware, if the hardware needs it changed for the software to reach it you may need to look at the settings from the user's manual.

Ads

06-04-2014, 03:02 AM

Try to re-install your Google chrome and also be used CCleaner setup.