This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amazon package tracking status available for pickup?
06-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Amazon package tracking status available for pickup?
I ordered a package around the beginning of the month Dec. 4th, the shipping was estimated to be 17-30 days, I check the tracking information everyday and I just checked it and the status of my package was available for pickup. Will I have to go pick it up myself or will it be delivered to my house?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 08:18 AM

Are you looking at Amazon's status, or the carrier's status?
On Amazon, usually "available for pickup" means that the package is ready to ship from Amazon, and ready for the carrier to pickup.. still at least a couple of days before you see it.
If on your carrier's site- it may actually show a history, picked up from (some warehouse), placed on a truck/plane, arrived someplace in between, then arrived at a warehouse/depot near you.
When dealing with the carrier, you will get a better answer if you call the operations/ shipping office at the local distribution depot. They know what freight is there (or just looks like it on paper/computer).. and which routes they are running in your area.

If you are seeing that on Amazon, and are looking for an update - you can contact customer care.. ask them to explain what this means, and ask them to expedite the shipment.
As a point of negotiation, with many ( not all) orders on Amazon, if they haven't yet shipped the package- you can cancel the order without penalty. Check for other places, or even if Amazon has had any specials on your item that are cheaper than what you paid (include shipping and tax if appropriate). Ask Amazon to match other prices, especially since it may not reach you by Christmas ( your Q was 3 days ago.. today is 25th).. or - if you can get a better deal and they haven't shipped, you can cancel. The official line is that Amazon won't match competitive prices.. but they do sometimes add expedited shipping or other incentives/ add-ons that can make your overall costs better.

Good luck, I hope this helps- and that you already have your package.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply