This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So, what is search based advertising and why is it such a big deal?
06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
So, what is search based advertising and why is it such a big deal?
I need a good explanation of how search based advertising works.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 01:17 PM

There are two different aspects to search based advertising.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This involves editing a website's html files to place commonly searched keywords in the body copy, image alt tags, title, and various other places. The goal of SEO is to make your page more visible and appealing to search engines so that your page will rank higher. This is a long term approach to search based advertising.

Pay-Per-Click (PPC): PPC campaigns are short term advertising campaigns designed to get your webpage into search results more often. Google's sponsored links and the ads on a Facebook page are both examples of PPC campaigns. Ideally, they are targeted by demographics and common key words relating to your subject. They are a quick way to do search based advertising, but are generally less effective than SEO since people are less likely to click on a sponsored link than an organic link.

If the time and funding is available, it is best to perform both SEO and PPC at the same time. Combining both is sometimes referred to as Search Engine Marketing (SEM).

Ads

06-04-2014, 01:23 PM

Link Directory Submitter is the perfect solution for sending your sites to a multitude of pre-configured online directories. Link Directory Submitter comes with 2700+ link directories to submit to, more than half ranging from PR4 to PR7. Visit us at: http://www.clicknearn.net/100-53.html
06-04-2014, 01:36 PM

I would only like to add to SK's answer...
Search Engine Optimization: You mentioned on page factors, but the off page factor is very important. For the most part the off page consists of a link building strategy. You must have a link building program to achieve any success.
PPC: I wouldn't say that PPC is short term. I would say you can achieve faster results. The minute you start paying, your ad starts showing up.
PPC is faster, but SEO provides much more traffic once you achieve a top of first page listing.