This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Repost: Create an e-commerce sie: $500? $15,000? (Long)?
06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Repost: Create an e-commerce sie: $500? $15,000? (Long)?
I'm trying to determine the cost of paying someone to build a website for my business, based on the description below. I need to pay someone, please don't suggest I build it myself. Thanks in advance. Website must be able to:

--> Sell products. Paypal, credit. 10 different items.
--> Run contests/sweepstakes. It must track entries made in the following ways:

1) When you make purchases, you can be automatically entered.
2) "Free" option. Requires a submission of contact info online & mailed letter.
3) "Contest codes". People login & enter "codes" for an entry. I want to be able to customize when (time/date) certain codes are valid, & customize how many entries each code is worth when used in conjunction with another code.

I need to easily access all contest entries & which method was used to enter. Along with member registration & 3-4 pages of text (FAQ page, Contest Rules, etc), that's all I need. No fancy graphics.

Optional (done only if inexpensive): social media integration, SEOs, Adsense Integration, and site searching.

I've been told this will cost as little as $150 to create plus $50/ month, & as high as $15k plus $5k/month. Most estimates are 2k-5k to create.

So, questions:

- Excluding automatic transactions % fees (like on Paypal) which I've included into other costs, what will this cost to create? Please suggest a reasonable range.
- What are expected maintenance costs?
- Which e-commerce services do you recommend for this kind of customization?

BQ: What can I do to keep bookkeeping costs down with website structure?
Very simple display. How do I contact you? Your "Send E-mail" Option is not available.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 09:13 PM

Should be USD $1700-$2000. Depends on products display. You can contact me through my profile.

EDIT:

jim at mysoftwarehandyman.com

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply