This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i am having google chrome can i download one more browser for my laptop?
06-04-2014, 10:56 PM
i am having google chrome can i download one more browser for my laptop?
i am having google chrome can i download one more browser for my laptop? like internet explorer or mozilla firefox etc? Will that make my system slow?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM

Of course not......these are really small programs...they won't affect your system even a small bit

Ads

06-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Why on earth would anyone download Internet explorer when he has Google chrome..
Anyways you can download and it will not make it slower unless you are using Win 98
But don't download Internet explorer..you will cry..Mozilla and opera are fine
06-04-2014, 11:34 PM

Actually I wouldn&#x27;t recommend IE. And yes it will make it slow because you will put more stuff on the storage. Also If you like lots of extensions u should use Firefox, but if you like a steady and fast browser I would recommend you to stick with Chrome. But you can isntall as many as you like, I just do not recommend it
06-04-2014, 11:43 PM

Definitely; I've got all three, Firefox, IE and Chrome. Useful for when I want to have different email accounts in gmail open at the same time!
06-04-2014, 11:44 PM

Yes, you can. Google Chrome is a good web browser and like wise along with this you can use Mozilla Firefox which is also a good one. There is no such issues. You can use two or more than two browsers for your PC but, do not use that much. I think you can get everything if you use two browsers mentioned above. Most of the people are having these two browsers in their laptops or PCs.
06-05-2014, 12:01 AM

Having multiple browser will not slow down your system. I have Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer on my computer, and I use them all from time to time. Browsers aren't meant to interfere with one another, so you can have several of them installed with no negative effects on your computer.
06-05-2014, 12:07 AM

Since you can only run one browser at a time, having additional browsers on your computer will not slow it down. The additional browsers would be like any other program. It will just be some files on your hard drive as long as you are not running it.

In fact you already have two browsers on your computer as it is impossible to remove Internet Explorer from the computer since it is fully integrated into Windows. So you already have two browsers.

The issue you may have with adding additional browsers is that one of those browsers will be set as your default browser. Usually the last one you install. Everything will automatically open in the default browser. Since IE is part of Windows itself, if you have any browser besides IE (including Chrome) as your default browser it can cause some issues. However they would normally only involve issues with web sites. It would not "slow" your computer.

I have IE, Chrome and Firefox all installed, and use Chrome as my default and rarely have any issues. Maybe once a month I will have to open something in IE instead of Chrome (or Firefox).

So yes, you can have multiple browsers on your computer without it slowing things down.
06-05-2014, 12:20 AM

sure you can download more than one browser.
06-05-2014, 12:30 AM

You can have more than one Browser without any problems. I have Google Chrome Firefox and Internet Explorer on my laptop.
I happen to like Firefox best and use that most of the time. Google Chrome is faster but it is a tradeoff because I don't like Googles privacy policy.
I have Internet Explorer but never use it. But I would suggest you leave in on your computer and update it when new releases come out. because Windows use it for certain functions.