This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stream cloud-based personal copy of legally owned copyright DVD on mobile devices?
06-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Stream cloud-based personal copy of legally owned copyright DVD on mobile devices?
What, if any, options exist for someone wishing to be able to play a personal copy of a copyright DVD on devices such as an iPad? I tried using unlisted YouTube videos, but apparently that's not allowed. I don't want to stream from a hard drive or other device prone to crashing. I want to copy my (legally owned) DVDs to a cloud service and stream from there to whatever personal mobile device I wish.

Please don't try to tell me why this is "illegal." It is for PERSONAL use. I'm NEITHER selling NOR sharing. I OWN the original. I just don't want to be confined to a DVD player.

FYI: Most if not all of the videos in question are not available from, for example, Amazon or iTunes, so repurchasing for the sake of a new *format* (which I would refuse to do as a matter of principle anyway) is not even an option. They are not entertainment movies but rather educational type videos. It really irks me that, according to YouTube (who presumably could easily see that the *unlisted* videos are only being played from a single IP address), I'm somehow violating copyright.

So, anyway...Any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 02:05 AM

Should be fine if you cloud stream it since you've already purchased it and it's for personal use.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply