This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I earn money through drawing/painting/graphic art design?
06-05-2014, 04:22 AM
How can I earn money through drawing/painting/graphic art design?
I'm quite a good artist, but I don't know how to earn money off doing art stuff. I hope to eventually earn a bit of money through YouTube, but I would like something else to do in the meantime. I don't know of any websites where I can sell my drawings on though. It would be great if there was a way to draw what the buyer wants, or take orders of some sort. But any way to do what I enjoy without wasting time would be great...

Is there any way to sell the image online, so they could use it in any way they want? I'm fine if there is a way to sell the physical art too, but that would need supplies, not to mention shipping. But if so I would like to be able to set a date when it gets shipped out, kinda like ebay.

whichever form of selling, I would like to make about $5 - 25+ per drawing (I'm not talking about dumb 5 minute drawings)
I'm 13 so that's why I need money, can't have a job...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 04:38 AM

Selling digital art can be kinda tricky, but it's do-able. I would recommend selling stuff in physical medium, there's more of a market for it. Check out making your own store on Etsy, a lot of artists sell from there.

Ads

06-05-2014, 04:49 AM

Most social media can form a base for exposure,where you can advertise and use paypal or another type of online payment service. I know Tumblr has an active art community. This method does mean you have to figure out pricing/payment/shipping on your own, though.
If your art is digital, or you have some way of making it digital (ie a scanner) you have quite a few options.
Redbubble provides a simple way to put your art on t-shirts and phone cases, and lets you decide your profits.
Society6, Zaazzle provide a similar service.
You could also join deviantArt, which sells prints and has a commission system, along with art communities and social networking. (But I've heard complaints? It's still good to have your portfolio there, even if you don't sell, as it's very organised and popular)

as mentioned by Littlefoot, etsy is a popular site for physical products.

more:
http://theabundantartist.com/15-ways-to-...rt-online/
https://www.google.com/search?q=sell+art...q=sell+art