This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling items on ebay as BIN?
06-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Selling items on ebay as BIN?
I am just starting to use ebay to sell items. I fix iphones for people and i just started to buy broken ones, fix them, and resell them to make some money. Before I sell them on ebay, because they are worth alot, I am trying to decide whether I should sell it as BIN or put it up for biding. The main question that I had was whether or not there was a time limit on BIN items, so if no one buys them in a certain amount of time the listing is taken down. If anyone know about this, or has other information or advice about which option I should use it would be appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 01:06 PM

Fixed-price listings are available in 3, 5, 7, 30, and Good Till Canceled durations, but I don't recommend you use fixed-price listings, because you have more control over auction bidders. If you check your auctions frequently, you can review bidders' feedback and the age of their account, and cancel bids from new accounts with zero feedback, which are frequently used by scammers.

I normally do not condone cancelling bids just because the buyer has zero feedback, but with highly-scammed items like iPhones, you have to use every tool eBay provides.

Be sure to maximize the blocks on your auctions, like so:

Block buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 12 month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy violation report(s) within 6 month(s)
Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 1

Also block foreign bidders, like so:
International shipping: No international shipping
Excluded shipping locations: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

This does not guarantee you will not get ripped off. It just gives you the best chance of avoiding it on eBay. I recommend you also sell on craigslist, where you can do face-to-face cash transactions.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply