This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i cant feel a connection to anyone at all?
06-05-2014, 01:42 PM
i cant feel a connection to anyone at all?
I cant form a connection to anyone neither guys nor girls. It is destroying me because everything i do in life seems pretty useless when i cant get friends and girlfriends. I dont know what to do! I am btw a 22 year old man.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 01:45 PM

Do some volunteer work. You will meet people who share similar interests. Let things go from there. You can also get some counseling to find out why you are having trouble connecting.

Ads

06-05-2014, 01:53 PM

Hi asda,

What you are saying totally makes sense and it is amazing how many people feel the same and think they are so different from everyone else. The first thing I suggest is to realise, just logically that many people are in the same boat. Most people don't go to huge parties every weekend. Many people just sit home alone, watching movies, hoping somebody will call.

Social media has actually made us more dependent upon looking at our screens for a connection as opposed to looking in somebody's eyes. Before you bring in any emotion about this, it is good idea just to know it logically that many people want a connection but have lost HOW to have a connection.

Secondly, when you realise logically that many people feel the same, you can start to see other sameness in you and other people. This could be, "Hey I feel the same about how banks are ripping off society." Or, "I feel the same that the school system was designed only to create slaves to the system." More and more people begin to notice the sameness.

Next, find sameness in your music tastes and in some hobbies you have.

Go to meetup.com and search fo people who share those same interests.

Meetup.com was designed for people whoa re lonely and seek a connection. Each different group have varied events, such as dinners, where people who have no other friends, come along hoping to have a decent conversation and make new friends.

Exchange numbers. And then it is up to you just to show your fun personality. Don't ask for anything back. Just give of yourself and people will begin to invest with you.

Another thing to consider is to relocate to a place where people DO appreciate you, such as a foreign country.

All the best.

Greg