This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT DOGS EUTHONIZATION?
06-05-2014, 08:45 PM
ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT DOGS EUTHONIZATION?
I am on facebook taliing to someone who works at the shelter and they had authorization day where they killed more than 120 dogs that day.That particular shelter do not using a sedation. They just infect them which i am not sure if they feel any pain. It makes me sick . Does any one know anything about it? Is it humane? Are they feel pain? And that person already wrote to many people including senator , governor and no help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Actually some shelters stuff like 40 live dogs&#x2F;cats in a tiny box chamber looking thing and spray gas inside. I saw this on peta website and a documentary on HBO.

Ads

06-05-2014, 09:04 PM

It is inhumane and they do feel pain. this makes me SICK
06-05-2014, 09:05 PM

This makes me so ill! My heart aches for all the animals that are put down due irresponsible pet owners or whatever the case maybe. Luckly here in Va. they are backing away from putting dogs and cats down. We have an SPCA here and they adopt them out or place in foster homes or rescue groups, they go to the pounds and pull animals out also. This is so sad. Call a local T.V. station maybe they can do a report on how many animals are being put down. Why do people want a pure breed dog when there are so many in pounds that need someone to love them and want love back?
06-05-2014, 09:08 PM

Euthanizing an animal with an injection is the most efficient and humane method. The mediation used is a highly concentrated opioid, the same type of medication used for sedation. The only pain they feel is the initial needle stick. They may vocalize or jerk but they&#x27;re already unconscious; its a reflex action. There are 4 planes or levels of anesthesia: 1 is fully aware and in control of your actions (this is the plane you&#x27;re in right now), 2 is when out but your system its fighting the medication so you may flail and&#x2F;or vocalize, 3 is the surgical plane and 4 is dead. Stages can not be skipped. The goal is to move through them as fast as you can. Animals being euthanized go through the same planes and it can look painful if you don&#x27;t know what you&#x27;re looking at.
As far as the number of animals you mentioned goes, very few pounds, shelters or rescue groups simply don&#x27;t have enough funding to save then all,