This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Side effects of medication?
06-06-2014, 04:14 AM
Side effects of medication?
My grandmother is diagnoased with colonary heart disease (as of 2013) and is a number of medication for her heart. She has palputations, high blood pressure, dizzyness, light headedness etc.
She is on:
Tenormin
Coplavix
lipitor
atacand

Lately she has been very strange in mood tense and also very moody.
Could these be a side effect of any of these medications?

Also how can i help my grandmother with her condition?
Do you have heart disease for the rest of your life? I really do not understand it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 04:29 AM

One thing you can do is check her blood pressure regularly. If her blood pressure is too low, that can cause some of the symptoms you are talking about, the dizziness and lightheadedness. Many medications have side effects and everyone is different. It is important to let her doctor know what side effects she is experiencing, so maybe you could write a letter that she could give to the doctor the next time she goes to the doctor.

Yes, heart disease usually needs continued treatment. Diet and exercise are important to. But often that is not enough and medication is needed. So, you can follow up and make sure that her doctor knows what symptoms she is experiencing. Heart disease means the blood vessels are restricted in some way or it can mean the heart does not pump enough blood due to a partial blockage.

Ads

06-06-2014, 04:45 AM

yeah your heart rarely repairs itself do you know bad she has it, i take about 8 different medication including atacand (candesartan) atacand is one of the brand name i believe.

the mood swings might be because of just how she feels, i was pretty messed up for a year after finding out about my heart disease, although i nearly actually died with it.

it can be pretty daunting to find out you have it, and 99 percent of the info on the net is outdated and tells you very poor prognosis of 5 years etc. this isnt the case anymore.

i would recommend just being there for her if she wants to talk about it, dont ignore it. also there is a facebook group "cardiomyopathy association" and a website adult.cardiomyopathy.org if she or you need any advice. these were great helps to me. you should find out what heart disease she has, dilated cardiomyopathy is the most common (enlarged heart) goodluck to her