This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you block your Facebook friends from finding out who you become friends with?
11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
How do you block your Facebook friends from finding out who you become friends with?
I don't want my friend to get an update every time I become friends with someone. How can I stop them from getting the friend updates?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Privacy Preferences. View settings. See your friend list OR See your likes, activities and other connections.

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:31 AM

If you mean, how to stop a post appearing saying "So and so is now friends with So and so" then there is nothing you can do to stop the post automatically appearing. However, once you have become friends with that person, you can always delete the post straight away to stop people seeing it and finding out you are friends.

Also, check your privacy settings if that helps, so you can block certain things and views.

Apart from that, I don't think there is anything you can do. You can always go on Facebook's FAQ's to see if there is any information about how to resolve this.

Hope this helps,
Good luck!