This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can I tell who is looking at my facebook page?
06-06-2014, 09:11 PM
can I tell who is looking at my facebook page?
I heard there is a way I can find out who looks up my facebook pages (info/wall/boxes). Is this true, and how does it work?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 09:17 PM

No i dint think you can, id like to know how if you can though! lol

Ads

06-06-2014, 09:28 PM

You can probably get software that tracks the IP addresses of traffic to your site, although it wont give you a name.
06-06-2014, 09:41 PM

why would you want to know? if its there on public domain then why single out who can or cant see it?
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM

No, it doesnt even tell you how many views u get
06-06-2014, 10:08 PM

no
06-06-2014, 10:12 PM

No you cant
06-06-2014, 10:27 PM

Unfortunately, the Facebook terms do not allow this to happen (for anything, including, but not limited to, pictures, videos, and the profile page itself). ie. Facebook does not allow users to track profile views or see statistics on how often a particular piece of content has been viewed and by whom.

There have been several applications that have claimed to do this in the past, but they either didn't work or were removed by facebook for violating its privacy terms.

Third party developers, however, may offer applications that provide some of this functionality, subject to the following terms:

1. Applications cannot track profile views for users who simply visit another person's profile. Facebook has made this technically impossible.
2. In order to be tracked by an application, you must explicitly agree to allow the application to access your information.
3. Adding an application that provides this functionality is purely optional. If you do not want to participate, please do not add the application to your account.

Unlike myspace, Facebook's philosphy is to let users view what they want without others knowing what they viewed.

So you can check out that cute guy/girl with no worries about them finding out, but unfortunately you will not be able to find out who has been viewing yours.