This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GodaddY appraised my domain 18k-20k... How far is it accurate?
06-07-2014, 01:43 AM
GodaddY appraised my domain 18k-20k... How far is it accurate?
Recently i got a domain http://www.kasbeer.com and after looking at the godaddy appraisal said its between 18k-20k USD. Im kinda excited to know that. But how far Is godaddy appraisal good. I researched and kasbeer is a town in illnois producing wheat, barley, malt. Which are main ingridients for beer, Do you think ive struck some gold with this domain name

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 01:58 AM

No.

The acid test for a valuation is when someone offers you 20k for it. GoDaddy has a vested interest in you keeping this domain (because maybe you think it is worth big bucks) not that I'm implying they might fudge their numbers.

Ads

06-07-2014, 02:05 AM

Those automated appraisal things are very inaccurate, I believe Namepros.com has a free human appraisal section in it's forum. A new name like that with no age or backlinks is valued solely on subjective terms, though exactly matching search keywords can be a big factor.

These days it's rare that you can come up with a new name and immediately flip it for a profit, domain speculators who own thousands may buy used aged domains with a bit more value and sit on thousands of them until that right subjective candidate comes along.