This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
did i get malware/virus on my android from clicking a browser popup?
06-07-2014, 02:24 AM
did i get malware/virus on my android from clicking a browser popup?
This occurred just a few minutes ago, but i didn't consider the possibility of my clicking it could download malware/virus until after the fact...

It was at this website: http://seriouslyforreal.com/funny/25-abs...om-mom122/ (which is funny btw, but i had browsed it on my computer with google chrome, which i have pop up blocker installed, so that's probably why i didn't have any issues on my laptop) HOWEVER, i decided i wanted to forward the link to my aunt, but didn't know how to transfer the link to my phone, so i had to manually type in the whole URL, and i entered it in browser to make sure i had it typed right and it pops up..well, i had it right but some pop ups came up saying something that made me question my security and it gave me a couple choice buttons....and i clicked one of them instead of using my phone's module 'back' button and then another similar msg popped up, so the 2nd time i used the module back button...and then i'm not sure if another pop up came again or it actually went back on the website so i was no longer or that link...but now i'm paranoid i have something on my phone?! Do I?? If I empty my cache/cookies/history will it be a good preemptive measure?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 02:36 AM

It is perfectly possible that your phone got a virus, and no, clearing the cache, cookies, or history wouldn't get rid of a virus if you actually got one.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply