This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I handle this girl on Instagram?
06-07-2014, 04:11 PM
How do I handle this girl on Instagram?
This girl that goes to my school posted on Instagram a photo of scars on her arms glorifying self injury and how it's beautiful and solves your problems. Obviously this is not the truth and as a recovered self injurer myself I don't want her or others under the impression that it fixes your problems. How should I go about confronting her? What should I say?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 04:15 PM

If you know her parents go talk to her immediately OR go tell your counsellor about this.

Ads

06-07-2014, 04:20 PM

Report the image on Instagram as an image that promotes self harm or an image that shouldn't be there and it should get taken down. Talk to a teacher at school and they should talk to the girl and/or her parents and get it sorted out.
As a self harm myself I completely understand where you're coming from.
Best of luck!
06-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Talk to a teacher, they can help and point in the right direction.
06-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Hello there. Thanks for reaching out. It seems like you are very concerned about this person. You used to self harm so you can understand her. I think it will be great if you can go to your school counselor and let them know what is going on. This way she can get help.

PZ, Counselor

Source(s):

Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults -- Check out http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org