This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do I reset my modem?
06-07-2014, 06:25 PM
how do I reset my modem?
Vision net is on the box and I think its through birch

I want to reset it with a new password and cancel anyone who is currently using my wifi

ITS SO SLOW!

anyway its connected to my computer now what

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 06:37 PM

If you are trying to reset your password, then all you need to do is find your IP address through system preferences on mac or control panel on windows.
Then enter that IP into your address bar in a web browser and edit your settings.

Ads

06-07-2014, 06:40 PM

If your computer is on wireless you will need to bypass your router and plug directly into the modem.

Then you can go to command prompt if on windows. Type ipconfig and it will give you the IP address which will be the default gateway.

Open up the internet browser that you use and type in the ip address. This should get you to the log in screen for the modem. You will need the log in info. Often Admin for log in and password or blank for the password.

If this does not work you might want to google the vision modem log in information. Once in you can make the changes or reset it.

The modem may also have a pin size hole on the back of it labeled reset which will save you a lot of trouble. And often you can simply unplug a modem for about 10 minutes and this could also fix lag issues.

You may also want to go to speedtest.net and run a test and see what your ping is. If you have high ping your provider may need to check the service as well.

Agent Flash / Jeffrey A
Badge 51747
Field Agent
Geek Squad Social Media Team
2/14/2014
06-07-2014, 06:44 PM

On the back there should be a reset button. You will need a pin or a pen to press. Hold it there for at least 30 seconds, or until it resets. Then, unplug and plug back in. This should reset it.
06-07-2014, 06:53 PM

HI There,

If your modem was supplied by the internet service provider ( like mine) then you probably do not have access to change settings or the password.

If that is the case you can give your internet service provider a telephone call.
Tell them you would like to change the password.

Have a password in mind when you call and they should be able to make the change from their computer.

Hope this helps,
Al
06-07-2014, 07:02 PM

TRY TO SEE A RESET BUTTON IN TO YOUR MODEM I CAN ALSO RESET MY MODEM WITH THIS BUTTON