This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Web and domain host on pay monthly?
06-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Web and domain host on pay monthly?
Hey,

Can anyone suggest some web and domain hosting sites where I can pay monthly. All the ones I've been on, it says so and so a month, but you've still got to pay for the month up-front. So does anyone know of any where I can pay on an 'actual' monthly plan...
All the help is gravely appreciated.

Cheers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 11:33 AM

To register a domain name costs around $10 for one year but to get a better page ranking it is better if you can stretch your finances and pay for at least 2 or more years because Google rate websites higher if you do that?

Web hosting should be somewhere other then where you registered your domain because then you have more control and can change the hosting company if you are not happy with the up time or the service they give and the hosting usually costs around $10 a month which can be paid monthly on many web hosting sites but again paying for 2 or more years gives the site a higher page ranking.

This is because Google regards short monthly pay websites as ones that may not be around very long and as they are in the business of giving people exactly what they are searching for, they will choose those which will be around for months and years. However if you are getting started then pay monthly and when you start making money then upgrade it for longer.

I also recommend that you invest time and money learning as much about online business from someone who isn't only after pocketing your money but genuinely wants to help and doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do so. My recommendation as always is the Chris Farrell Membership which we belong to and who has transformed our lives as he has for 10,000's of others. Take the free tour before deciding and good luck.

Ads

06-08-2014, 11:43 AM

You may find it best to obtain a domain name for a year from a separate registrar like Godaddy or Name cheap, then shop for hosting only that is month to month, they always have better prices if you sign up for longer term, one has to make a long term commitment to a site to make it a success.

If your budget is that tight you may be best off just using a free host for now, many allow custom domain names so you can relocate to a paid host later with a minimal disruption. Google's Blogger can be setup without programming, has no paid upgrades and won't have the performance issues of the typical cheap shared server hosting 1000 sites on a single PC.
06-08-2014, 11:53 AM

Check out the special QuestHost.com is having, $1/per month for hosting with cPanel:

https://my.questhost.com/cart.php?a=add&...=&tld=.com
06-08-2014, 12:09 PM

You can try hostgator! I have many websites on hostgator and they are running smoothly. I didn't get any downtime for 3 years.
Here is the hostgator's hosting Plan I use:

Unlimited Disk Space
Unlimited Bandwidth
Free SiteBuilder
Easy Control Panel
1-Click Script Installs

4,500 Free Website Templates
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
45 Day Money Back Guarantee
24/7/365 Technical Support
$100 Google AdWords Offer

And it's only $3.96/month!