This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEO google crawler question for you?
06-08-2014, 09:31 PM
SEO google crawler question for you?
Ok so check it out, I hand built a directory for a particular industry a-little over a year ago. I meticulously created over 70 individual unique pages for ea vendor on my site. Every page address title had its very own name just after the forward slash / eg. mysite.com/companyname. After a year my rankings were especially high for this industry, I was stoked! Since then I hired a real pro and not myself to create a proper fully functioning database directory. Btw, mine was just a static simple site.
HERES My question- this new site creates pages not with the names of the vendor in the www address but has some other stuff like moreinfo?php44 bla bla if you know what I mean. Will google still crawl this new site and rank it the same way on the net? The pages themselves have html and text info related to the vendor but not the actual web address. Or should I not really worry because google does not care about the address name itself?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Well 2 things here. First of all, you should have done 301 redirects from your old sites pages to the new site - that way you would still be getting credited for the old pages rankings. You should do a quick check to see if any of the old pages are still indexed by doing site:<your domain name> and redirect any that are still there. Unfortunately, you may be too late on this one.

Next up, you should really try and use SEF - search engine friendly - URLs so, as you say get the software to change moreinfo?php44 etc to urls with keywords in them. It wont make a dramatic difference on its own but a keyword rich URL is high up the list of effective on-page seo strategies and can be the difference between good rankings and great ones.

Ads

06-08-2014, 09:46 PM

You should not be worried just keep doing SEO the right way crawlers will find you Smile
Hal Smith
SEO Consultant - URLdreamer.com