This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Router wont send internet?
06-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Router wont send internet?
Hey!

I just lied in my bed with my iPad and browsed Facebook and such then I stopped 5 minutes to have some think time.
Then I turned on my ps3 to watch netflix but there was no internet. It said something with DNS.
I checked my phone and iPad, the internet did not work there either..

I started my PC which is a wired connection, the internet did not wotk there either. I couldn't even connect to 192.168.1.1 ..

I tried to connect to 192.168.1.1 on the different things and devices then only thing I can connect to it with is my phone.

There I've tried
To change channel. That worked for 2 seconds and then the connections got cut again,

I've also tried to reset the router and so on. Nothing have helped..

I've also tried to check my ISP's website and Facebook to see if others had problems.

Any idea what it could be?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 09:46 PM

When you access a web site you type in the domain name, such as http://www.yahoo.com.
The internet, however, does not know yahoo.com from adam. Instead, all the sites on the internet are known by their IP address which is a number that is much less user friendly than a domain name.

To make everything work, there are these things on the net called Domain Name Servers (DNS). These take the domain name you enter and convert it to the appropriate IP address so your traffic goes to the correct place. For some reason, your domain names are no longer being resolved into IP addresses. Whether this is because the DNS information you are accessing is corrupted or if you simply aren't getting to a DNS serve anymore, I can't say.

My suggestion would be to log into your router's admin interface and then specify your own DNS server rather than using the one your ISP assigns. You want to use a public DNS server. There are a lot of them out there. I suggest trying 4.2.2.4 as one i know of off the top of my head.

Ads

06-08-2014, 09:52 PM

Use a different router.