This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend recently just died, how to remove his Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:24 AM
My friend recently just died, how to remove his Facebook?
Is there anyway to contact Facebook and have them remove his account? No one has his password to remove it on their own and his parents really want to delete it. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM

You cannot actually delete another person's account. You would have to know the username and password and Facebook keeps user information confidential at all costs; even if the user passed away.

However, you can report your friend to Facebook to memorialize his profile. "It is our policy to memorialize all deceased users' accounts on the site. When an account is memorialized, only confirmed friends can see the timeline or locate it in Search. The timeline will also no longer appear in the Suggestions section of the Home page. Friends and family can leave posts in remembrance."

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=189165357807678

Sorry for your loss. I hope this helps.

Ads

If 500+ facebook account holder report to facebook about his profile, facebook authority will take action. So tell all your friends to report his account.

Further - only "verified immediate family members" can request memorializing.

If you think about it this is necessary so that people can't just report random other people as deceased.