This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need the perfect hairstyle for my cruise?
06-09-2014, 02:20 AM
I need the perfect hairstyle for my cruise?
Im going on a 7 day cruise and I want a hairstyle that wont be too much for me to handle. I was thinking a sew in, braids, or micro fusion extensions. Here is a list of choices that I'd prefer:

Sew-in: virgin Brazilian bohemian
virgin Brazilian body wave
**(might make these into wigs)**

Braids: micros
long box braids

Micro fusion: straight hair

I love love love having a full head of hair and looking fabulous. But its going to be moist out and I want something easy. I love doing hair so I don't mind if I get a sew-in. But they do have 2 formal nights for dinner and I want to look good. I've had all of them before so I don't know which to choose.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 02:30 AM

I'm thinking if you don't want ANY maintenance I say get cornrows because all you will have to do is put a scarf on at night and take it off in the AM.

IF you don't mind a little maintenance than I say go w/ the micro's because you can change the style from day to day.

If you don't mind some maintainence a sew is great b/c you can do a multitude of style,
straight, soft curls, a fish tail braid the sky's the limit. But you will have to wash it once its come in contact w pool or salt water. . . Hope this helps!!!

Join Black Hair Care on Facebook you'd get more answers quickly
https://www.facebook.com/groups/207252449297163/

Ads

06-09-2014, 02:43 AM

NONE of the above. I was gone to the Bahamas for a week, and came back with one of those BRAIDS in 3 sections with beads, as a souvenier. I have very thick hair! Braiding the hair for more than a day, there's always some kind of thinning, luckily the braids I had was under all my hairs so all the new growths weren't noticeable.

I also do not recommend them, specially if you've got thin or thinning hair, trying to grow hair or Afri-Amer. They will only make your hair thinner or hair falls.

May 22, 2011: Model and businesswoman Katie Price, who was formerly topless model Jordan, is demanding compensation from a top Los Angeles hair salon after she spent $17,000 on hair colourings and extensions that she claims were botched, leaving her hair so damaged it began falling out. Celebrities typically pay anywhere from $4,000 to $11,000 for extensions.

"Hair extensions can cause some damage to your real hair," says Placid Braganza, a design artiste. "Since they are attached using thermal heat, knotting, braiding or gluing, they can hamper hair roots or even break, split or burn hair strands if not done carefully," he adds.

Published 8-10-12: Even supermodels have bad hair days, but from the looks of this recent photo, Naomi Campbell appears to be dealing with something far worse.
A photo of the 42-year-old beauty vacationing in Ibiza earlier this week shows what appears to be a receding hairline.
Florida hair surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman, who has not treated Campbell, said the former supermodel appears to be suffering from traction alopecia — hair loss due to extensions.
“Extensions, weaves, anything artificial hanging on hair — no matter whether you attach it with glue, special magnets, tape — it’s going to cause damage over time,” Bauman told ABCNews.com. “And unless you give your hair a break from those extensions, it won’t rebound.”

READ: Health Hazards of Hair Extensions - ABC news. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WomensHealt...d=18411026

Kim Kardashain's picture reveals one of Kim's beauty secrets, as she can be seen wearing a sewn-in weave. Yes, you read right, Kim Kardashian lost so much hair, she now has to have a weave to keep a full head of hair.

But if you're thinking that a sewn-in weave would be the best choice to give you a rich, flowing mane, you'd be wrong. Experts say that a weave is very damaging to the scalp and the hair follicles, ironically leading to more hair loss.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Kim-Karda...4892.shtml

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline. http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&...i+campbell

Google: Hair extensions causing young women to lose hair June 6, 2013.
Randee Bank also had problems after using hair extensions. "I still have bald spots. The hair has not grown back," said Bank.