This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook account disabled cos of my date of birth.?
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Facebook account disabled cos of my date of birth.?
They tell me my date of birth is fake?? It's not fake it's absolutely correct.

I'm wished it on the right day every year but when I asked why my account was disabled they replied to say it's cos my date of birth.

I logged in to Facebook to find my account was disabled, I had gotten a warning over a wall post -- (it was a sarcastic post but it was lost on others who reported it) -- I made on a fan page saying I COULD be disabled so I found a form I had to fill out on Facebook in order to get assistance as I couldn't log in. On that form I had to fill out my Date of birth as per my account - which was my accurate real non fake D.o.B.

Only today I got a reply saying my account was suspended because my date of birth is fake!

In the email it asked me to reply to it with my real name and date of birth (Day/Month/Year) so they could assist me further. I added a copy of my provisional drivers licence also showing this information so they can't argue with it.

Will Facebook reactivate my account if I show proof? When I go to log in it says my account is disabled yet Facebook say it's only suspended because of this D.o.B issue.

How can Facebook say my D.O.B is fake!? They don't know me personally to make such a claim!

Has this happened to anyone else here? If so what happened? What was the outcome for you?
Before anyone suggests my D.O.B issue is because it lists me as being under age.... It doesn't. It shows me as being 29 which is my actual age.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 03:12 PM

Don't know where you are located

did you put in your details in UK version or U.S. version as remember they put their month before the day, so maybe it is that which has gone wrong - only a thought .......

Ads

06-09-2014, 03:16 PM

I have no idea, but I'd be suspicious that the email I got with the request to give them personal info like driver's license and what not might be a scam. Make sure it's from facebook. I don't see why if you sent a copy of your driver's license that they could reasonably claim your DOB is false. If it's really from them and therefore really being sent to them, I don't see why they wouldn't give you back access to your account in 24 or 48 hours.

Just look out for the email address from facebook being something like faceboook.com or some other name before it that doesn't seem right and could be anyone since the address doesn't start with facebook.com, like accounts.facebook.com or something.
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Ah, in addition to what's already been suggested as a possibility, a small detail you mentioned could be the prob with the verification (i.e. proof you submitted).

Assuming it was a valid request to submit proof :-

Dunno if you are in the UK or not, but if it's a UK Provisional Driver's License - forget about it being taken as proof of ID and therefore proving a DOB - if you check the applicable notes to the DL, and almost anywhere where they stick to the UK standards for ID, provisional licenses are not considered valid ID (unless things have seriously changed in the last couple of years).

Assuming that's still the case, and the most probably reason for wanting to verify DOB by a service provider, is for age restricted access etc and protection, even in the US they'd probably still know that the UK Provisional is not valid as ID (It's a Full license that's valid ID, not a provisional).

By all means check this out, and i may be using out of date info - but don't bother asking the operators of Facebook over why they rejected it - they are unlikely to elaborate over why a submitted document facsimile is invalid.

It could even be the case they can't properly process a UK license, if the verification is state-side, since their services only really cover US (and maybe Canadian) documents. If so, then they are likely to reject any UK driving license facsimile as proof.

Technically, any facsimilie copy of a document such as a DL or Passport pages shouldn't be used as ID for any body except for executive agencies of a government or law enforcement agencies, or court departments, or embassies/high commisions aka diplomatic (since it's only really those groups who have the legal right to request a high level verification of a government issued license etc - which is what would be truely needed to get proof of fact that a document you used of that nature is in fact issued to you and valid).

Hope it helps .. probably not the case, or what you wanted to hear .. but hey, it's a place to work from Smile
06-09-2014, 03:24 PM

if you show them proof they should restore your account
06-09-2014, 03:27 PM

They probably want to tell that uve been bad