This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Music All Access Uploader?
06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Google Music All Access Uploader?
Hello,

I have a premium account on Google Music All Access. I uploaded about 7.000 songs and the folders are in the music manager for auto refresh/upload in case of new songs. The problem is I have to format my PC (Windows 8.1). When i reinstall Windows and install music manager again how can I have the same folders again? Is there a way to create a backup?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 10:47 PM

If you're using Chrome, there's a lab that means you don't have to use the Uploader. If you go to the cog at the top right, then Labs, and it's the "Google Play Music for Chrome" one. With that you can drag and drop uploads, or set up a folder to keep in sync.

But back to the question. Make an copy of all your music on an external or secondary drive. Do whatever you have to do with Windows. Copy the music back to where you want it. Install the Uploader, tell it where the folders are. Because the Uploader hasn't got a log (well it has, but I've never found a reliable way of backing it up), it will try to upload the songs again. However, as they're already there, it shouldn't be too bad.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply