This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do I deal with verbal bullying at College?
11-09-2012, 08:25 AM

I am now studying at a college, recently about few mths ago I was verbally bullied by my classmate and it still happen till now on a daily basis

At first they see me will sing this song by backstreetboy show me the meaning of being lonely. Then they change the lyrics and added i am lonely because I have no friends, I am a loser, I am social outcast.

I endure them and at first I tried to laugh it off as a joke but it kept happening and I decided to ignore them. By no responding to them, the joke will be on them.

However they progress to calling me fat, ugly, loser, gay, f@ggot, s!ut. They wrote nasty stuff about me on facebook, twitter, blogs.

I am at a loss over what to do. I really don't wish to withdraw from college because of bullying and there is no one to turn to. I have become desperate for help and I start to have depression. The psychiatrist ask if I am suicidal because of the verbal bullying and she prescribe anti-depressant for me telling me to take 2 in the morning and 1 at night.

I have became withdrawn and suicidal. I really dont know what to do. I dont want to tell my parents because I fear they will say even nastier stuff that I am still a mommy boy and still need their protection.

Who should I do now?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:33 AM

Rellly if you are at a college level and they are still bullies then that is simple immaturaty. And you are definetly a better person than they are by not retaliating. I truly have a great level of respect for someone like that. But while their too busy being so misrible with their lives that they have to bully others you will be studying and getting a degree and becoming very powerful ( knowledge is power) there ignorance is no reason to change your college life, ignore them cause they will be begging for you one day when you are their boss,take it from someone whos seen this happen in her own life.

Ads

If what you're studying at college is what you want to do with your life then don't leave, it'll be better in the long run once you get that job.
Don't listen to them, anyone who treats another person like that is pathetic piece of garbage and it's definitely safe to say you're better than them.
I'd delete you're Facebook and all that other stuff if I was you, it obviously isn't helping you in any way.
It'll get better and I'm sure you're parents would understand if you needed to talk to them, especially if you're feeling the way you are.
Just hang in there. Smile

Kill yourself.

contact the dean....the school should have a policy on behavior

I'll start off by going to their social network sites and make a print out of everything they said about me for proof. Afterwards, I'll delete any accounts that I might have had through these social network sites. I would then pay a first hand visit to both my dean/ college president showing them exactly what was said about me and I would tell the both of them that they better put an end to this nonsense or this school would be seeing me in court.

I would not put up with the sh*t even for a brief moment. I don't know how you managed to deal with this trash for as long as you did. I had an instructor that sent me an e-mail one day threatening to fail me because I refuse to wear a tie to class even though I maintained a 98 average. Little to say, I made a print out of that e-mail that he sent me and I paid a nice visit to both the dean and college president. This stunt he tried to pull on me cost him his job. You should do the same.

First off, you would not still be in special education and in college. A college would not have taken you without either a high school diploma/GED.

Secondly, your parents cannot legally intervene. The college environment will not listen to them because colleges do not function 'in loco parentis' ----aka in absence of the parent'. And yes, some families don't have 'nice parents'. Being away from them at college helps us realize this. We see how other people and other families do interact and realize that how we grew up was not the healthiest.

But seriously, join a social club or two at school. At the meetings, make friends with people who say positive things. Do one or two things which make you feel good a week.