This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issues with Web Browser?
06-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Issues with Web Browser?
I changed my Web Browser from IE to Firefox based on recommendation of a response to a previous question. Since I changed I am encountering some problems and if they can't be resolved I will be going back to IE. First of all when I go into my sites (example my sites I pay my bills on line with - bank, etc.), I get a message below the toolbar at the top that says "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". Then to the right there is a box that says ALLOW and the X to close out. If I close out it just sits there, if I click allow it will take me to my site, but is this safe? I also am on Facebook and play some of the games...two of the games now either don't load properly and one loads but is slow and "jerky" when dealing the cards, etc so impossible to play when it is a timed game. I didn't have these issues with IE - everything went where it was supposed to go and my games were fine. Also, I am constantly losing my connection - called my Internet Company - they ran test - no problems with my router/modem. Just get a message that program stopped responding or just sits and won't do anything so I have to go to Task Manager to close everything. When I used IE I lost connection once or twice due to problem outside of my residence - someone hit a pole or something taking out my internet for a few minutes and then another tech. issue through the company. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am not sure what to do.....any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 07:54 AM

By clicking yes you are allowing either a window to pop up or a java applet to load. It is no less safe than when you were doing the same thing with internet explorer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply