This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I made a fake fb profile to catch my bf in a lie but he found out. Now he's really angry. What can I do?
06-10-2014, 07:50 AM
I made a fake fb profile to catch my bf in a lie but he found out. Now he's really angry. What can I do?
Long story short a stupid friend of mine thought it would be a great idea to make a fb profile to try and catch my bf in a lie that he didn't even commit. I knew it was a bad idea but my insecurity got the best of me.
He said it scared him because he thought someone was attacking him. We are all 23 yrs old, sadly.
I know it was stupid, I came clean and I apologized but he's royally pissed and wont even tell me what he wants us to do. He just keeps saying he hates me and wants me to leave him alone tonight. I have left him alone but I don't know what to do. Please help me. I gave him all my passwords but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 07:56 AM

Wow that's a bad situation.

All you can do is apologise and then let him come to you if and when he's ready. Sad

And stop listening to your 'friend'!

Ads

06-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Actions...especially stupid ones...do have consequences. Guess it's up to him now. Nothing really for you to do except sit and wait for his forgiveness.
06-10-2014, 08:21 AM

So you didn't trust him. I would not call you stupid. Girls are always worried about cheating bfs and vice versa. You already apologized and if he won't accept it, you just have to accept that you need to find another bf. You should still have your own passwords for your real FB and email accounts.
06-10-2014, 08:37 AM

First of all...change your passwords. You aren't necessarily in the wrong here.

Now...obviously, at SOME point, his actions or words led you to believe that he was lying about something. Otherwise you wouldn't have done what you did, right? Furthermore - and i know you probably don't even want to think this right now - but the innocent don't get so bent out of shape over stuff like this. GUILTY people do. If he didn't lie about that, then he's lying about something else. Now he wants you to feel so bad about "what you did" that you'll do ANYTHING!!!!!!! to get him to forgive you.

Change your passwords. Then leave him alone for the night. Tomorrow, write him an email explaining to him WHY you thought he lied. Be completely honest about everyhing. Ask him to forgive you.

Then give him ONE WEEK. Don't tell him you're giving him a week....just give him a week, and not a day more. Do NOT communicate with him AT ALL until he does. If he doesn't, it's time to let go.
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM

He's clearly trying to decide if he wants to be involved with an immature game player. You can't make someone forgive you, you can only apologize, and only if it's genuine, i.e., not making excuses or justifications. Just acknowledging your fault 100%.
06-10-2014, 08:59 AM

Wow