This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can I do to solve this in a win win situation.?
06-10-2014, 10:15 AM
What can I do to solve this in a win win situation.?
got into a fender bender accident
didn't have insurance nor license the insurance was concealed for non payment
paid insurance right away
made a cash agreement and also made a written down contract i personally didn't keep the contract because it was my fault. note that it was my first accident didn't know what to do.
and now she is involving insurance and asking for 1,600 and saying she got hurt when no one did get hurt.
i don't know what to do i don't have the contract but i do have a sketch of the contract
she had Witten it down in my note book so the print went through so i sketched it with a pencil lightly and you could see the amount i paid and her signature and min.
i need help I'm scared out of my mind.
please no negative comments please i know i should have kept a copy but i didn't. i didn't know there would be curl people out there like this.
thanks for the support.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 10:24 AM

You&#x27;re out of luck. There will be no &quot;win-win&quot; for you.
You drove illegally. You have no insurance company to defend you.
You say you weren&#x27;t at fault, but you paid the other party - that in itself is an admission of liability.

You&#x27;ll be paying for this for a good long time.

Ads

06-10-2014, 10:34 AM

I would not worry, if you live in a no fault state, her insurance will take care of her damages. The only thing is if your state has a bureo of financial responsibility her lawyer forward a letter saying you did not carry enough or any insurance and you could lose you license for a period of time. But if you have no assets like a home or large savings account she can sue till the cows come home no one can make you pay. If this does occur you get sued in court you can discharge it in bankruptcy. But 99% of the time personal injury lawyers won&#x27;t do this, they know the risk to lose outweighs the benefit . She prob has uninsured motorist coverage and will be covered from there.
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM

you know whats really annoying its when someone cant spell or use punctuation that crap is ok on twitter where youre limited to so many characters but in paragraph form its just confusing. So yea like stop doing it.

There is no win-win for you, there is only lose-lose.

You got a contract signed, but you didn't keep a copy for yourself. That means there is no evidence at all that you paid for the damage you caused. Your word is not evidence, it's just your word. And your word is worth nothing in court.

I know you're asking for support, but nobody here can give you any. We can tell you that you did a good thing by offering to pay for the damage yourself, but that's all we can do. A court of law only cares about documented evidence, not he-said-she-said testimony. You're screwed.