This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wordpress registered users and emailling them?
06-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Wordpress registered users and emailling them?
What are the rules regarding sending an email to your registered users. If there are no rules what is the generally accepted etiquette for this.

It is not a sales pitch. It is too invite them to participate in a forum I would like to start on the same subject as the blog. Addiction.

I want to ask them but I do not want to violate their privacy or be seen as abusing my access to their emails.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM

You should have told them that you "may occasionally send them an interesting email once in a blue moon" at the time they registered - that would have set the expectation.

Now what you do is simply say is "as a registered member of my site, I'm inviting you to,,,," - and I think that will be unobtrusive. I doubt if anybody will feel put upon until you start sending them unsolicited email every week.

Ads

06-10-2014, 04:50 PM

You should provide an opt-out link at the end of each email so people can get off the list without jumping through hoops.

Serious emailers use a management service like Aweber, which actually controls the mail list and subscriptions, this helps them achieve a higher deliver-ability rate than an individual may be able to.

MailChimp.com is an example free email manager you might look into, these are often called auto-responders for their ability to send out a scheduled sequence of messages, starting on the day they first opt-in.
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM

ya do you have a disclaimer? if not then you can send but it needs to be through the system of the wordpress site. (create a opt in email for the new email list that you want to create.) heck you can even ask them to join with their twitter, facebook or +google this way you have other access.

mailchimp is awesome they even have wordpress plugins for opt ins. You can then create *lists :]