This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does this cover letter sound okay?
06-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Does this cover letter sound okay?
(This isn't the entire thing, I did not include the intro. Just wanted some feedback, thanks!)

I possess great interpersonal skills with my coworkers and clients alike, as well as strong talents in creating communication pieces. During my internship at Uspring Public Relations, I produced style descriptions for Shoegasm.com that were used for the 2013 summer/fall shoe collections on their website. I also contributed the Shoegasm.com daily blog, with postings related to fashion and styling guides. I was very keen on promoting Uspring’s clients through the use of social media, and generated 15% more facebook and twitter followers because of this.

Through my operational/managerial experiences at (current place of work), my impeccable organizational skills have allowed me to prioritize schedules and complete projects within time and budget guidelines. Because my position as an operations manager requires me to be in constant communication with my colleagues on the west coast, as well as shipping/receiving company products via UPS on a daily basis and completing weekly expense reports, I have mastered the essence of meeting and beating deadlines.

As an operations manager at (Current place of work), I have increased store sales by 10%, through engaging in in-depth customer interaction, thorough employee training and evaluation, and promotion of the store through the use of social media as well as holding events like in-store sorority group parties with established Universities. (NYU and Columbia University) I have improved customer satisfaction (based on a 90% reduction in customer complaints as well as customer appraisals through yelp.com)

I am highly proficient, resourceful, and team-oriented, and I am used to working at a fast pace. My strong attention to detail has always allowed me to complete my tasks flawlessly. My seven years of experience in customer service has helped me to establish resilient, long-term relationships with my clients.

Relationship-building, teamwork, time management and effective communicating are just a few of my strengths. Brainstorming new ideas and thinking of ways to be innovative and fresh are what I love to do. I get along well with everyone and stay in my lane. I do not create drama at work. I will always bring my A game with every task that I take on.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 05:44 PM

I think it is a little too strong. I would be inclined to remove some of the adjectives that amplify your perceived strengths.

As a reader I come away with the thought that the writer has much too high of an opinion of her abilities.

Tone it down and shorten it but keep the important points.

Good luck,
Richard

Ads

06-10-2014, 05:57 PM

A cover letter should be no more than a few paragraphs. Get to the point too. I would trim down half of the content.