This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What kind of internet connection does a hosting company uses?
06-10-2014, 08:05 PM
What kind of internet connection does a hosting company uses?
I was thinking what kind of internet connection does a hosting company like godaddy uses as the internet has to be really really fast. Can someone tell me a company form UK. Thanks a lot.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 08:09 PM

They have dedicated lines connected to the Internet backbone. They don't go through existing infrastructure like DSL or Cable.

Ads

06-10-2014, 08:18 PM

The high end Internet connections are either a DS3 or CWDM.

DS3 is 45Mbps both directions simultaneously and is very very reliable.
CWDM = coarse wave division multiplexing, which is a fancy way of saying it's Ethernet over fiber optics. These can run at up to 40Gbps currently, 10Gbps being the most common.

In the UK, I reckon BT have that service.
06-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Hi. Actually, We have Internet Services Companies, and Datacenters. There are differences.
A DataCenter does not host only 1 website or company. It is a huge space where a lot of computers are located. This is the infrastructure. This infrastructure is equipped with ground dedicated links and sattelite links. As you asked for a company from UK, i present you my company. We have our servers located in 3 different datacenters. You can find more information in the link below.

Kind Regards,
JL - System Administrator