This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a connection between insensitivity.. lack of care for how others feel.. and the internet?
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Is there a connection between insensitivity.. lack of care for how others feel.. and the internet?
Facebook, Yahoo Answers and other social sites... does it seem many have become less sensitive or caring with the use of internet?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 08:44 PM

ask someone who cares

Ads

06-10-2014, 08:47 PM

Anonymity does seem to promote a certain spontaneous honesty to folks expressing themselves.
06-10-2014, 08:56 PM

Internet connection does not mean intimacy in the majority of experiences. That's because I think people are not being authentic, and you need to be authentic to be kind and caring and compassionate. There's a lot of game playing going on online, and it's a true shame.

It's also a sign of the times, unfortunately, when the love of many grows cold. It's been prophesied and is indeed coming to pass.
06-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Honey, it's all about what brings in the most money. Seems to me that's ALL that matters.
06-10-2014, 08:59 PM

I think that people have always been insensitive and uncaring in real life and online. Personally, I think that you have noticed it now that you are older and noticed it more. When I was a teenager, I used to think there were so many cool people on the internet. Now that I am older, I stop and I really read what people post. I think it has always been that way.
06-10-2014, 09:13 PM

i think it depends on the person
06-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Breezey

People can deny it all they want, but overuse or habitual use of anything can be destructive, especially the Internet. Or these bloody IPHONES that have internet use.

We did a little experiment with technology with a subject my human-ness helped produce a while back, and we found that when she was off the internet and IPHONE for a few weeks, she was calmer, more respectful of her parents, more compliant and obedient, more fun to be with, less tense by far, it was a whole different person.

Then, of course, the human subject produced in part by Thomas reverted back to her ways, and right now, if she does not go to college, I personally blame and will crush that IPHONE.
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM

Yes they are called 'trolls'.