This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my Laptop Not Connecting to the internet?
06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Why is my Laptop Not Connecting to the internet?
Okay...around three or four months ago we switched from INSIGHT internet to Time Warner internet and since then my laptop has been acting like shit with the internet. My laptop can connect to the WIFI with no problem and I've checked the router when it's on and all the correct lights are flashing.

All I can do with my internet is get to google, search for one thing then it says I have no access to internet. I try to troubleshoot it and that says nothing is wrong. I go into CMD and type in IPCONFIG and it says all this stuff about media disconnection on everything. I check the Lan in Connections and nothings checked on, and I double checked that.

And I'm the only one in the house that has this problems. I can go to my school campus and it has NO PROBLEM working and its the same damn internet company. What's wrong with my laptop!!!!

Please help me!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 09:19 PM

Do you have to use a proxy at school, then are forgetting to turn it off when you get home?

Connect to your home Wi-Fi, then open a CMD window and issue the "ipconfig /all" command. Find the "Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network Connection" section and copy it to a text file. Then update your question and paste that listing into the Additional Details section. Make sure it includes your:
- IP address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- DNS Servers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply