This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HP Windows 8 Computer no internet connection?
06-11-2014, 02:01 AM
HP Windows 8 Computer no internet connection?
Just bought myself (literally a few hours ago after installing everything) an HP Pavilion with Windows 8 desktop and everything was going beautifully when... the internet connection disappeared and I cannot get it working again. Unplugging and re-plugging the router did not work. I am upstairs on my old laptop and internet connection is completely fine.

Thank-you!
And I should add, when I click on the connection bars it says "No Connections Found" or something like that. There is pretty much always about four connections nearby, and mine is always there, but they have all disappeared in what seems like seconds.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 02:02 AM

Internet connection has been dodgy on the Pavilion series for years. I will never buy that series again, or from HP in general

Ads

06-11-2014, 02:16 AM

Sounds like a DNS or Default gateway issue.

Type 'cmd' into run/search bar hit enter
Type 'ipconfig/release' hit enter
Type 'ipconfig/renew' hit enter
Type 'ipconfig/flushdns' hit enter
Close the black window

Wait a minute and see if you can jump on the internet
06-11-2014, 02:19 AM

check for a wireless switch on the front or side of the comp, and make sure it is on, that is a very common thing to happen, turn the switch on and it should be fine again