This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Accidentally erased internet connection something!?
06-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Accidentally erased internet connection something!?
Please help.
I was deleting program's on my pc because it ran very slow and I found out it had less than 1gb of free space left on my HD.
So I was deleting programs I don't use any more and stuff that looked "unimportant", and I emptied my recycle ben after Sad
I then restarted my comp and now my desktop, task manager or nothing will show up...Just my desktop image.
I then restarted my comp in safe mode and was able to do a system restore to the day before.
Everything starts up perfect now but I cannot access the internet Sad
I used the CD from my ISP and it cannot connect to the modem! It couldn't find it. The internet connections shows that im connected but nothing is running through it, it dead. And when I try to repair the connection it wont let me.I also messed with the internet connections and probably made things even worse.
I connected an old computer to my modem and thats how im writing this now, so I know its not my modem or wires, its my computer...

Do you have any recommendations? Do I have to reinstall XP components? If so how can I, I don't have the original CD.

Thanks for the help.
Sean

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 06:00 AM

START > CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK AND INTERNET CONNECTIONS > NETWORK CONNECTIONS > delete Local Area Connection .

Then CONTROL PANEL > PRINTERS AND OTHER HARDWARE > ADD HARDWARE . Then have your modem on and search for it.

That's it!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply