This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone I hold close to my heart is thinking about suicide?
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Someone I hold close to my heart is thinking about suicide?
So there's this one girl Katie. Now that seventh grade has started, she seems depressed. Her parents don't care about her 100% more like 90%. Recently, when she posted pics of fb, I would always compliment her and say she's gorgeous or beautiful. I didn't do it every picture in fear she would get annoyed. She had this wishes thing going on (20lbs overweight, doesn't look like it though). She said, I would be happy if I was skinny. So I talked to her on there. Here's the exact convo.
me: I need to tell you something
her: yea
me: Being skinny isn't everything
her: so?
me: you don't need to be skinny to be happy
her: yes I do
me: skinny means all those anorexic models with no figure, butt or boobs. They aren't healthy. It's not healthy to be skinny
her: I've had eating disorders before. I've been bulimic. I've starved myself.
Me: Do you have them now?
her: I've taken things around my waist like a corset and tried to squeeze my body thinner
her: yeah, I'm a little bulimic
me: this may be an extremely weird and bad question, and it's okay if you don't feel comfortable or get mad at me, but is anyone picking on you for this?
her: I haven't really told anyone except you just now to be honest with you.
me: That you've done those things?
Me. I didn't mean that. I meant has anyone ever picked on you enough to make you do those things
her: also because I hate myself
me: just a question, who? I'm not going to tell them, I'm just going to lower my respect for that person, a lot.
Her: one person Talitha (this girl posted fat ugly slut on her timeline a few years ago)
Her: and another thing called society
Me: I don't respect Talitha a bit
Me: She always has her voice really loud. She will misunderstand and say things to embarrass me
Her; We've had a bad past
Me: I know
her: I don't know I just don't trust a lot of people anymore.
Me. Listen, I know you've heard this before, but you are beautiful. Go into google and type in stick thin models. Do you want to look like them? Remember, I will always keep it a secret unless you ask me not to. You can always count on me I know we always used to get into disagreements but I will ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU
her: Thank you <3
me: you are very welcome

I called her and I remember the condo
me: Hi beautiful
her: Hi thanks
Me: listen, I don't know a lot about your life, but I just want you to be happy, smile, and be carefree like you were in sixth grade.
Her: that's long gone. I've stayed away from that because it's so incredibly hard to pull myself closer. I've cut.
Me: you have?
Her: yea. It's kind of addictive. Just the pain making you forget about life.
Me: have you told your parents?
Her: no, but they realized I'm sad lately.
Me: Well, lets say one day you cut too deep. You would know by the feeling. If you don't tell your parents or even get 911, you could die from bloodloss.
her: I know
Me: you need to get help
Her: I know, I am.
Her: my parents and I go to a depression center. I was diagnoesd a while a go with mild depression
Me: do this, I can't see you, but smile, right now.
Me: are you smiling?
Her: yea'
me: does your mood feel better?
Me: I want you to do that up to twenty times a day, smile.
her: thats hard, I've thought about suicide. My brothers friend was in the obituary in July.
me: I don't want that to be you.
Me: I go on facebook and you post some really depressing stuff, it has literally made me cry seeing that you're not happy.
Her: I'm trying. I'm working with that
Me: sit down for at least five min before you go to bed and smile and think of things you're grateful for. Do some of your favorite stuff, play with Sadie your dog. Call me whenever you feel sad, ok?
Her: ok
Me: well, I've gotta go, just remember you're are beautiful. I don't care what society says, society can go fuck itself. Smile tonight.

I do not want to lose her, I'm scared to. We've been friends for 8 years. One time I saw her I realized things have started to change. Please tell me what I can do to brighten her life. Just a little ray of sunshine, just a little
I had her over today and she was smiling the whole time. She says she goes to a therapist for it and a doctor for help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM

Just tell her to be happy who she is. Tell her that's it's not worth your whole life trying to be "skinny". Models in magazines freak me out because they look too skinny. Tell her to just being happy as who she is. Don't try to change yourself to make others happy.

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:34 AM

MY GOD. u have too get help for her. if she wont do it herself, then you do it.

1st: tell her parents and your parents about it. i kno its hard but you HAVE to.
2nd: talk to the school counselor with her. yes. WITH her. convince her somehow or even lie to get her there. i would if she was doing this.
3rd: try to spend as much time with her as possible. ALL THE TIME. if possible. (sleep overs, walking her to class, coming over often, inviting her over etc) keep an eye on her is what i mean. so that she doesnt hurt herself
4th: encourage her. (be happy the way you are, ur beautiful etc)

u have to do these things ASAP! if u dont start NOW, she WILL end up committing suicide sooner or later. its better to start preventing it now or else you'll regret it.