This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you worried about Facebook privacy?
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Are you worried about Facebook privacy?
A number of high-profile users deleted their accounts when the site introduced a new feature that lets non-Facebook websites, or third parties, post the personal views of Facebook users without their consent. Are you happy with Facebook's privacy policy?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM

I really wouldnt risk being on Facebook.

You don't need it. best to be safe

Ads

The first step to secrecy in my opinion is to understand that privacy is very very limited. You are never really ever 100% private especially on the internet or in the US. If you are aware of that then you will approach things like Facebook differently I think.

No, I don't think Facebook should do that.

Well if you can't or won't stand behind what you say i would refrain from putting it on the web then.
If they however have a private account on face book and don't allow anyone but friends to view then no they should not have their wishes to be private taken.

There's no privacy anyway.

I'm not on facebook, but a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend sent me pics of a my new neighbor.

You cant control what your friends do with YOUR facebook page.

I never had a facebook or myspace page. I also don't own a cell phone. I don't like the idea of anyone looking at my private life or listening in on conversations that I might have. My friends say I sound paranoid but that's how I feel. I guess 1984 scared me straight.

To be honest yes.
People sign up to all sorts around the internet including online clothes shops, this website here and a lot of other ones.
They could easily be doing the same.
I find facebook privacy very good, you can show as much or as little as you actually like and they give you the option and if you hasn't changed it they had a pop up to warn you to change your privacy settings if you haven't already.

No as I don't use it, but I am very worried about the total lack of security on Yahoo. Anybody can register with a fictitious name and postcode.

At the end of the day you can still go in and change the settings to how you want them, so no i am not bothered.