This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If someone cyber bullied you on Instagram, then the police got involve to track it,then the acc was deleted?
06-11-2014, 10:09 AM
If someone cyber bullied you on Instagram, then the police got involve to track it,then the acc was deleted?
Basically I was horrible to people online and the police are involved,I deleted the Instagram hate account and I pretended it wasn't me and nobody has confronted me,YET!!!!! can the police still track what phone was used to say it??? Please help ASAP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 10:18 AM

you screwd they can track the ip adress to your house and phone and then you can get much more trouble that is why you use a burner phone if you are a bad person or you just be good it is not that hard to be nice

Ads

06-11-2014, 10:19 AM

Yes they will know from the ip address the messages were sent from although they are unfortunatly not likely to name you to the people you have been abusing online..
Can I also suggest you have a read up on very recent incidents where young people have taken there own lives due to cyber bullying!
06-11-2014, 10:22 AM

I know you don't want to hear this but you should admit what you did wrong instead of cowardly hiding. If you think it's ok to cyber bully then at least have the balls to own up to it. And yes, I'm pretty sure they can track you, although depending on what kind of things you said and how persistent the victim and his/her parents will probably depend on whether they pursue you if it causes them a lot of trouble. A member of my family is a police officer he often tells me about his work, he has mentioned that phones are tracked. I hope you do what's right, it would be a lot better for yourself if you admitted to it an apologised, rather than having police track you down :/
06-11-2014, 10:35 AM

most online social media services, especially the ones that offer services in the US, will have every post sent through their server stored in some archive somewhere for a period of months to years as required by the US Patriot act. It wouldn't matter if the account was deleted. If a crime is severe enough law enforcement can still access what was done with the account while it was still active.

So yes the police can track you down. And they are very good at it.
06-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Cyber bullying is perfectly legal. There is no way the police would get involved.