This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I got ripped off on an iphone! what should I do?
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
I got ripped off on an iphone! what should I do?
Ok so it was on a facebook group. This girl said she was selling an iphone 4s for the low! I contacted her and said it was $100. It was decent but not perfect so i thought the price fitted the phone. So i traveled to her apartment( which is like an hour from where i live). So i traveled all the way over ther! I had to. When i got there she seemed nice. I checked the hone but only had a little bit battery. She said she has a iphone 5 so the charger wont fit to charge the 4s. So i didnt have enough time to check everything in it. So when i got home i found out it was icloud locked!!!( im new to the iphone always had an android.!!!!) I called and texted her many times and wont reply or answers. She did call back saying shes at work and stuff. but that was 2 days ago( i bought the iphone 2 days ago from this post) Still to this day nothing. hoping that she may reply during the week. But if she doesnt what can i do to get my money back. I got her phone number(with all the text), address ,and her facebook name? I just want to know how can i get my money back??? oh and im in atlanta!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 10:48 AM

When you buy stolen property, your only recourse is with the seller. If you can get your money back, great. My suggestion would be to eat the $100, call it a valuable lesson, and return the phone to it's rightful owner. They will likely be very grateful to have it back. Also, since it's locked with iCloud, they might be tracking it's movement and providing that information to the police.

Ads

06-11-2014, 11:03 AM

I don't understand what I cloud locked means. Have you tried restoring it? If it was reported stolen and it's a CDMA iPhone like Verizon then iCloud won't matter. The carrier won't activate a phone that's been reported lost or stolen.

It almost is certainly lost or stolen. Why else would the "owner" have the phone but not a charger or cable to charge it through a computer?