This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FB users, Did anyone get notified about this...?
06-11-2014, 12:32 PM
FB users, Did anyone get notified about this...?
I got this from a friend today who is also a Y!A user (Thanks!):

" If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all your friends ASAP "

I'm a bit ticked that FB didn't tell anyone about this. I really don't want my info all around Google because of FB.

Did anyone receive this as well?
Yeah, I was wondering why FB changed the privacy settings.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 12:40 PM

no and i just logged onto fb, but thats creepy... i know they been stressing setting your privacy settings

Ads

06-11-2014, 12:55 PM

See the links below:

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=197943902130

http://jreckseidler.posterous.com/facebo...day-a-must
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM

They did tell people...I got a letter from Mark Zuckberg linked thru my FB account last week....it was like a link type thing....It told everyone things are changing....Well i guess no one read that cause now everyones freaking out and posting this status....

Just a FYI my was defaulted to do not allow indexing without me even doing anything....Things change read updates....TBH i prefer the new privacy to the old...Allows me to see it in a simpler way to block everyone.....

Become best friends with your privacy Tab.....
06-11-2014, 01:06 PM

A week or so ago, there was a "letter" from some top dog saying about the new privacy settings, where this was mentioned.

So in some ways, yeah I got a notification. Become familiar with your privacy settings because it's all changed and all your defaults would have changed.
06-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Yes, I also received it from so many of my friends on facebook...and I, too, did go to the settings and un-clicked "Allow Indexing". A while back, FB had said something of this sort...and had given the option to its members to change the privacy settings to block information from leaking to unwanted parties. SO, if you don't want just anyone looking for you through a search engine like Google, I would suggest you do the same to block your info...and under the Privacy settings you can adjust if just your friends can see the information or Friends of Friends or Everyone..etc.

Hope this helps you! Smile