This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picture of adopted Mom Post to facebook?help mPlease?
06-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Picture of adopted Mom Post to facebook?help mPlease?
I was adopted but I happen to have a picture of my mother and a brief summary of where she was born and things like that she was born in New York.I lucky that I have a good picture and Ive always wanted to find her and I always wanted to just put pictures on telephone poles .But today I was thinking and what if I posted the picture to Facebook and got people to share it ?

Is that selfish of me?To put her on blast?
If you saw it would you share it?
Should I just say shes missing or should I talk of adoption ?
Could I get the adoption people in trouble because they didn't know I had a picture of her which Im not suppose to have when they told me where she lived?
What would you do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM

You need to think about how you would feel if someone posted a picture of you without your knowledge. IF no one knows that she had a child, you have the potential of exposing her actions to the world. She might not want to get to know you after that happens.

Ads

06-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Mama, facebook is full of photos of people, posted without their knowledge! What is it about adoption that makes people suck air though their teeth and cry 'oooh, you mustn't do that' geez

I digress;
It might be better to post a photo of yourself with all the pertinent information, many many people are reuniting this way.

And no, nobody is going to get in 'trouble' because someone is seeking a relative

Good luck finding the truth of your origins Smile
06-11-2014, 08:31 PM

Ultimately only you can make that sort of decision.

Many people in recent years have done posters and taken pictures of themselves holding up the poster which contains information about date of birth, location, etc. and they set up an e-mail address which is only to be used for people to contact them with birth family information.

You could try starting with something like that, without the picture, and if you don't get any helpful responses, maybe add the picture then.

If you do, be honest that she's your first mother, and you are looking for her.
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM

It is currently one of the most effective ways to find family.......dont post the picture of her, post a picture of you to start with.......there are lots of groups for adoptees on facebook. Start by searching for those, most of them will help you spread the picture and information as far as they can.