This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I cope with my situation?
11-09-2012, 08:26 AM
How do I cope with my situation?
I've lived here in the US for almost 3.5yrs. It's just me and my mom living with my step dad. Our place is quite lonely if I describe it, it's a big house, we're all far apart from each houses.. kinda like a province or a country. About 2 months ago, my mom and I decided to visit my family in the Philippines because of some circumstances.. my grandma felt like she can't live anymore. We stayed there for 40days. The first 3 weeks was boring, but still productive than I am here. I enjoyed being with my family and friends. I thought I was gonna be fine when I get back, but after get back home.. I can't stop thinking I want to go back. I can't stop crying, asking Jesus if he can get me back in time the time I visited the Phil. For a couple of days, I've been crying myself to sleep, checking my facebook and twitter which tends to make it worst. I really want to go back and live there. but I can't. I'm joining the airforce here in the US, and pretty soon im taking my med exam and physical exam. I've passed the ASVAB test and got the jobs I wanted. I'm writing this while I'm crying, I don't know what to do.. I've been dreaming that I was there with my family, playing games and other stuff.. and when I wake up, I feel like I just wanna sleep forever, tears just drops from eyes.. I couldn't even talk to my mom about this...I need help.
I never felt the way I am feeling now the time I left 3.5yrs ago...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:35 AM

While I do sympathise, it's all part of growing up: taking responsibility, working for a living, etc., instead of playing games (and other stuff?). It will make you a stronger person who is of value to society - and perhaps one day you can go back "home".

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:35 AM

You need to talk to your mom about how you really feel. I think that your mom will be able to tell you what you should do. And don't cried. I'm sure that you will feel much better once you talk to your mom. Your mom needs to hear that your heart is in the Philippine's. You should not feel that you cannot talk to your mom. Your mom is there for you. If there is one person that can support you it's your mom.