This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can facebook get into legal trouble if an advertised party goes bad?
06-12-2014, 01:14 AM
Can facebook get into legal trouble if an advertised party goes bad?
Lets say a Facebook creates an event on Facebook, the event is a party at that persons house. The thing is at the party there was much underage drinking and the house got destroyed. Is Facebook protected from being blamed for this, and if so how? Or is Facebook in just as much as guilt legally as the person who threw the party. **No opinions just law.
I really love ignorance. I said in the description no opinions. This has nothing to do with an underage party. If jerk offs like you really want to know i am asking this for future reference when i create a website. It has nothing to do with Facebook or parties for that matter, but about the scenario, get over yourself douche.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 01:26 AM

No. Facebook has nothing to do with it.

Ads

06-12-2014, 01:42 AM

Haha, no. Facebook is 100% absolved of any responsibility here. You agreed to that when you signed the user agreement. Also, they have more lawyers then your shake a stick at to insure this.
06-12-2014, 01:48 AM

Legally, a website is not usually liable for the misdeeds of its users. This is why authorities have so much trouble prosecuting websites like The Pirate Bay: the site owners do nothing wrong themselves; users of the website are the ones who actually do illegal things.

As long as Facebook was simply the tool the organizers used to throw the party, Facebook is no more liable than a gun company can be held accountable for a shooting.
06-12-2014, 02:01 AM

If you told your friends at school about a party at your house, and there was underage drinking, is the school responsible? No. So why would Facebook be responsible?

Stop trying to divert the blame for your underage drinking party to someone else, and accept the punishment for what you did.

*EDIT* - You ask if Facebook can get in trouble over an underage party with drinking, but now you say your question has nothing to do with Facebook. Can you please explain who you are trying to blame if it is not Facebook?
06-12-2014, 02:06 AM

Facebook does not 'create' anything, members do so. Even those who promote an event are not responsible for what happens at the party. Those who host the party are responsible.