This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On ebay I'm selling a PSP 1003, starting bid £10 and hoping?
06-12-2014, 03:40 AM
On ebay I'm selling a PSP 1003, starting bid £10 and hoping?
hoping to get around 25/30 quid + P&P. then some guy from America offers £185! Even though its only worth about 40 tops
P&P for him will be around £50.

My point is, even though the psp is not in best cosmetic condition it still works, and if he is legit, can I get done at some point for accepting an offer of £185 (130 after P&P) for an item only worth £40-£50???
Just wanted to know before I accept. He's said he'll pay before I send as per the usual ebay way, but as I said, he knows the ins and outs of the item.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 03:51 AM

it sounds like he wants it badly.

just make sure that you get the money before shipping.
it doesn't sound like you can get in any trouble for that - just make sure he knows about the cosmetic condition, perhaps by pics?

Ads

06-12-2014, 03:57 AM

No, but why would any legitimate buyer offer you so much more than an item is worth...? There are others listing on ebay on a buy it now basis for much less than £185.

If you're convinced he is genuine (have a look at how long he's been registered on ebay/his feedback history as a buyer), and there are no bids already, add a buy it now price to your item and see if he still proceeds with the purchase. If he doesn't, then it most certainly is a scam.

If he does buy, make sure the money is in your Paypal account before you send the item by logging in to Paypal via your ebay account (do NOT rely on e-mails purporting to come from Paypal), and use a tracked/signed for delivery method (he's paying for the p&p!).