This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can you increase the speed of your internet connection?
06-12-2014, 05:42 AM
How can you increase the speed of your internet connection?
Hi
i was wondering of increasing the speed of my internet connection for my laptop for web surfing and watching videos. I'm currently a Cox Communication's customer for the highseed internet (not priemier). and i have a Linksys G router for wireless connection.

Would applying to the priemier plan increase the speed more than getting an N router??

Also, what other ways are there to increase the speed of my internet connection??

I apologiaze for my bad grammar. I'm a foreigner and am still learning English. Thank you Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 05:46 AM

in england our internet speed is sssslllllllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwww compared to many other countries 8 meg is about most you can get (old telephone wires )it will be years b4 we get a decent speed they need to spend money the tight wads

Ads

06-12-2014, 05:58 AM

The only possible way is to upgrade your cable Internet subscription if Cox ever offers. There's nothing you can do on your side except paying a bigger monthly fee.

You may have heard of some "accelerator" software, but it usually improves responses for short contents by caching them and is not useful for video downloading and other heavy tasks.
06-12-2014, 06:01 AM

Your current wireless G router is capable of running faster than your Internet connection, so it is not necessary to get a wireless N router.

But - how many other people are also using your Internet connection? Do you have to share the connection with others?

I don't know if Cox Communication is a DSL or cable provider, but if they are a cable provider, there is an upper limit to how much bandwidth the cable can support, and its total bandwidth has to be shared among several users. If all the users are trying to download videos at the same time, you will never get faster speeds.

The premier plan just gives you faster connections if the cable's bandwidth is not reached.

My father has a cable internet connection (but not Cox) and at 3:00 am in the morning it really runs fast!